Ahmadabad is one of the biggest cities of the state Gujarat, India. We share with you some interesting facts about ‘Boston of India’. 14 facts about
Interesting Facts about
- In Old times, Ahmadabad was called Karnavati.In 1411 A.D Sultan Ahmed Shah ordered to change the name from Karnavati to Ahmedabad.
- There is a lot of monuments in Ahmedabad. Time to time there is so many rulers of this land, from Mughals to British and British to Independent India. All of them left their marks on the city in form of Jama Masjid, Siddi Sayyed Mosque, Sarabhai Villas etc.
- Second IIM (Indian Institute of Management) was established in Ahmadabad in 1961. IIM Ahmadabad is one of the best business study institutes of South-Asia region.
- There is a spooky restaurant in Ahmadabad. The restaurant is built on a graveyard. The amazing thing is that the graves are still there and the tables and chairs are adjusted around the grave for the customers.
- Ahmedabad was the capital city of Gujarat till 1970.
- In 2010 Ahmedabad was listed in the ‘World’s 3rd Fastest growing Cities’. The list is generated by Forbes.
- State bank of India’s logo is taken from the lake Kankaria.
- Ahmadabad is a dry city. Because of the ban on alcohol. Its make it one of the safest city of India.
- Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) of Ahmedabad is the most successful rapid transit system of India.
- It is also known for its late-night hangouts. Manek Chowk which offers delightful food will make your midnight hangout awesome.
- Ahmadabad is the largest vegan city of India.
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Father of the nation) was born in Ahmadabad.
- Ever heard about the kite museum. Most people never heard like me. But in Ahmedabad, a Kite Museum is situated. A dream place for kite lovers 🙂 .
- There are so many mills in Ahmedabad. We can call it the City of Mills. The textile industry of Ahmadabad is World known.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.