Bhutan is the neighboring country of India. It is located on the eastern edge of the Himalayas. Due to its geographical location, it is isolated from the world. But it is one of the beautiful countries in the world and the country is so attached to nature. It is one of the economically poor in the world but the richest country in Verdancy. In this post, we will share some interesting Bhutan facts.
- Bhutan is also called the land of Thunder Dragons.
- Till 1974 the foreigners were not allowed to visit Bhutan.
- Till 2001 Television (T.V.) & Internet were banned in the country.
- Now tourist can visit Bhutan. But a limited amount of tourist can visit this country. The tourist from the outside of South Asia has to pay a $250 fee per day.
- Bhutan is a small country but it has an army. But the country has no air force and navy. Indian defence service helps Bhutan for any military operation.
- India also helps Bhutan in an economical way.
- The first vote in the history of Bhutan was conducted in 2008.
- Bhutan is the only country in the world where tobacco and by-products are banned.
- It is a nature-friendly country so the plastic bags are also banned in the country.
- It is illegal in Bhutan to climb the mountain that is high more than 5,999
- The thing is not banned in Bhutan is Polygamy. But homosexuality is illegal in the country.
- It is in their constitution that 60% of the land of the country will be remains forest.
- 70% of the people of Bhutan have not any job. But planting is the most favourite job of people in the country.
- In 2015 the people’s planted more than 50,000 plants in just an hour and made a world record.
- It exports Electricity, Cement, Woods and agriculture tools to India.
- Majority of the country is the follower of Buddhism.
- All the people of Bhutan celebrate their birthday on the same day. and that day is new year’s day.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.