Chandigarh is a beautiful city in India. It is a union territory. It is the most beautiful and developed city in India. There is lost of place which attracts visitors like Sukhmana lake, Japanese Garden, Sector 17 market etc. If you want to explore these places CTU (Chandigarh Transport Union) provides One day pass for buses. One can use CTU buses to roam for a day. Bus pass cost cheaper than taking the bus for every destination. CTU arrange special buses for Sukhmana lake, Rock garden on weekend due to heavy rush. Let learn about history and some facts about
History of Chandigarh
On the time of partition of India, Punjab is divided in East Punjab (Punjab, India) and West Punjab (Punjab, Pakistan). The capital of Punjab was Lahore but it is given to Pakistan. So East Punjab (Punjab, India) needed a new capital. Therefore India’s First Prime Minister, Jawahar Lal Nehru decided to build a new city (actually Chandigarh is Jawahar Lal Nehru’s dream city). Albert Mayer American planner and the architect was hired to design
Facts about beautiful city Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh is the capital city of two states Punjab and Haryana.
- It is the most developed and beautiful city of India.
- Area of Chandigarh is 114 KMsq.
- The population of Chandigarh is approx 10 lakh (1 Million).
- Chandigarh is India’s first well-planned city.
- According to BBC the Chandigarh is one of the best city in World.
- Chandigarh’s HDI (Human Development Index) is always on top.
Mohali,Haryana’s Panchkula and Chandigarh are referred as Tri-City.
- Chandigarh’s Emblem is open Hand. This emblem is the symbol of peace, growth and unity.
- There is no Sector 13 in Chandigarh. Because number 13 is considered as unlucky.
- In Chandigarh craze for University election is more than a parliament election.
- There is two ISBT in Chandigarh ISBT Sector-17 and ISBT Sector-43.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.