Golden Temple or Harimandir Sahib is the most devotional place for Shiks. Gurudwara is situated in the Amritsar, Punjab (India). Gurudwara is built around the man-made Sarovar (pool). We are going to share some Golden Temple facts.
Golden Temple Facts
- The man-made Sarovar (pool) around the gurdwara was completely built on 1577.
- Golden Temple foundation stone laid by Sufi Saint Mia Mir in 1589.
- According to some myths Golden Temple is designed by Shri Guru Ram Das Ji.
- Guru Amardas made a rule “Pehle Pangat Phir Sangat”. which mean someone has to eat langar first before visiting the temple.
- Golden Temple was rebuilt by Sikhs several times. Because the Muslim armies from Afghanistan and the Mughal Empire had destroyed it several times.
- The pool was twice filled with the garbage in 1757 and 1762 by the army of Ahmad Shah Abdali.
- In 1809, Maharaja Ranjit Singh rebuilt Golden Temple with marble and copper.
- After the two centuries of construction, Maharaja Ranjit Singh covered Golden Temple with Gold in 1830.
- British Government performed continuous Akhand Paath for victory in Golden Temple, during WWI ( 1st World War ).
- 3 million visitors visit Guru Ghar (Golden Temple) every month.
- Golden Temple feeds 1 lakh persons every single day.
- Golden Temple has four gates which are the symbol of religious unity.
- 35% of visitors to Golden Temple are Non-Sikh.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.