Haryana is a state of India. On November 1, 1966, Haryana separated from Punjab on the basis of language. Haryana has a total of
44,212 km2 (17,070 sq miles) area which is about 1.4% land of India.Haryana rank 21st in the list of Indian state by the size of land. Gurugram and Faridabad are the most famous cities of Haryana. 15 Haryana facts are given below.
- Chandigarh is the capital city of Haryana.
- Hindi is the official language of Haryana.
- Haryana share border with four states. Those states are UP (Utter Pradesh) in the east, Rajasthan in the southwest, Punjab in the northwest and Himachal Pradesh in the north.
- Ghaggar is the only river which flows in Haryana.
- Haryana is the state with 100% rural electrification.
- Baba Ram Dev (Yoga Guru) belongs from Mahendragarh Haryana.
- Haryana’s sex ratio is very poor. Its 879 females per 1000 males.
- Haryana is the biggest manufacturer of products like car, bikes, cycles, tractors etc.
- Harayana is the top exporter of Basmati rice.
- Haryana is one of the most economically developed regions in South Asia.
- Folks dance which is performed in Haryana is Jhumar, Ras Leela, Phag Dance, Daph, Dhamal and Khoria.
- The epic battle of Mahabharat has happened on the land of Kurukshetra in Haryana.
- Haryana’s state tree is Peepal,
- Lotus is Haryana’s state flower
- .Haryana’s state animal is blackbuck and the state bird is black francolin.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.