India is a South Asian Country. it is the biggest country in the South Asian subcontinent. India is the second most populated
Facts about India
Geographical facts about India
- India is the 7th largest country in the world on the basis of land.
- Its total area is 3.287 million kilometre ².
- it is the biggest country in the South Asian subcontinent.
- There is 29 states and 7 union territory in India.
- With the area of 342,239 square kilometres, Rajasthan is the biggest state of it.
- With just an area of 3702 square kilometres, Goa is the smallest state of India.
- Kanchenjunga is the highest point of India. Its height from sea level is 8, 598 m.
- Approx 700+ rivers flow into India.
- Cherrapunji is known as the world’s wettest place because of the amount of rain.
- 12.5 % of the area in India is flood prone.
Historical facts about India
- India introduced the sugar to the world.
- The number system is invented in India. Aryabhatta Invented the Zero.
- In her 10,000 years long history, India never invaded any country.
- India was the richest country of the world till the 17th century.
- Until 17th century India was the only producer of diamonds in the world.
- In the 5th century, Indian scientist Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun.
- Budhayana, an India Scientist
was first calculatedthe value of pi.
- India invented the Bijaganit (Algebra), Trikonamiti (trigonometry) and Kalan (calculus).
- In India, the game of geniuses Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented.
- World’s first civilization is the Indus Valley Civilization was from India.
If you are interested in reading more Facts then here is some Related Post:
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe to our Facts Adda video channel on YouTube. Alternatively, you can follow us on Instagram or Facebook.