Himachal Pradesh is a Northern Indian State. Which famous for its natural beauty. Every visitor admires its natural beauty. It attracts visitor from all over
Facts about Himachal Pradesh
Before talking about facts about Himachal Pradesh. Let read about its geography and history. Himachal Pradesh is a mountainous state.
Himachal word derived from two Sanskrit words, “Him” which means “Snow” and “Anchal” which means “Land”. This name is given by Acharya Diwakar Datt Sharma. Himachal has a rich history. This land was the home of Indus Valley Civilization. on 2-3 BCE they came here from the for a peaceful life. After that Magnolias occupied this land. Then after them, the Aryans came here. According to Indian epic, Himachal Pradesh was a group of small districts and republics, which was a cultural unit of every state. After some time this land was invaded and won by Mughals. When the Mughals empire started falling Gorkhas came here and occupied this land. Soon Biriths won this land during Anglo-Gorkhas war. British ruled here from 1854 to 1914. After independence on 1948. on 1971 Himachal became the 18th state of India.
Facts about Himachal Pradesh
- There is 5 wildlife national park in Himachal.
- Great Himalayan National Park
- Pin Valley National Park
- Inderkilla National Park
- Khirganga National Park
- Simbalbara National Park
- 9 Hydroelectric Power Plants are situated in Himachal Pradesh.
- Girinagar Hydel Project (Palampur)
- Binwa Hydel Project (Kinnaur)
- Sanjay Vidyut Pariyojna (Mandi)
- Bassi Hydroelectric Project (Kullu)
- Larji Hydroelectric Project (Shimla)
- Andhra Hydel Project (Rohru – Shimla)
- Rongtong Hydel Project (Lahaul-Spiti)
- Baner and Neugal Project (Kangra)
- Nathpa Jhakri Project (funded by world bank)
- Kalka-Shimla Railway, known as the Toy train is declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
- Kalka-Shimla has 806 bridges, 103 tunnels and 18 stations.
- Kasol is famous as “Mini Isreal” because the most visitor comes in Kasol are form the Iseral. The impact of the Isreal visitor is so much that shops and hotels have a name in the Hebrew language.
- Just after Kerala, Himachal is in second place in the list of least corrupt states.
- Malana “The Village of Taboos”.This name is given to Malana because of the strict rule of the folk there that no outsider can not touch walls and
belongingof the folks. Folks of Malana considered themselves as the descendants of Alexander the Great. Malana is also famous for its quality weed.
- Himachal Pradesh is the land of god and goddess. Every village has it own god and goddess.
- In the whole of Asia, there is only one natural ice skating rink, which is in Shimla.
- World’s highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh.
- Khajjiar is called as Mini Switzerland because of its admirable beauty.
- The highest post office and polling booth also belong to Himachal Pradesh. Both are situated in
Hikkim, a small village in Lahaul and Spiti district.
- Himachal is the best place for adventure sports lover. One can enjoy ice skating, paragliding, fishing, rafting to skiing, trekking and horse riding.
- Himachal also has some most beautiful lakes. Few must visit lakes are Bhrigu Lake, Chandra Taal Lake, Nako Lake, Prashar Lake, Manimahesh Lake.
- on July 2, 2013, Himachal becomes the first smoke-free state of India.
- Some of the old boarding school are situated in Himachal. The school are originated during the British era and they are in working till now. Name of few of them is Pinegrove School, Bishop Cotton School, etc.
- Bara Shigri is the largest glacier is located in Lahaul-Spit.
- Shyam Saran Negi from Himachal is the first voter of India. He
castedhis vote in 1951’s general election and he is also oldest voter of India.
- World’s most terrifying roads also belong from Himachal.
- Himachal is the second largest fruit producer state of India.