Punjab is an India state. It is the heart of Sikhism. Sikh community’s most devotional place Golden Temple (Shri Darbar Sahib) is located at Amritsar. It is divided into 3 regions called Majha, Malwa, and Doaba. The area comes in between rivers Ravi and Beas known as Majha, the area between Sutlej and Beas is
Some Facts about Punjab
- Punjab word is created from two Farsi words Punj mean Five and Abb mean Water. Punj+Abb =Punjab.
- It is Birthplace of Sikhism.
- Chandigarh is the capital city of Punjab.
- Punjabi’s are very hard working which helps Punjab to become one of the healthiest states in India.
- There was a time when 7 rivers flew on the land of Punjab. That was time It was called Sapta Sindhu.
- Most visited place in world Golden Temple is situated in Amritsar.
- World’s oldest University, Takhsilla University was in Punjab. (Now in Pakistan)
- It is India’s breadbasket.
- Mandi Gobindgarh is known as a steel town. Because of its steel industries.
- On the basis of language in, 1966 Haryana and Himachal divided from Punjab.
- It is the state with 100% connectivity of roads. Its every village is connected with major cities around the villages by roads.
- It is the first state where President rule was Imposed
- Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh belongs from Hoshiarpur.
- 50% of Indian Army consist of Punjabi Jawans
- It has 22 Districts.
|15||Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali)|
|16||Sri Muktsar Sahib|
|21||Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr)|
|22||Tarn Taran Sahib|