Punjab is an India state. It is the heart of Sikhism. Sikh community’s most devotional place Golden Temple (Shri Darbar Sahib) is located at Amritsar. It is divided into 3 regions called Majha, Malwa, and Doaba. The area comes in between rivers Ravi and Beas known as Majha, the area between Sutlej and Beas is as Doaba and the area on the south of Sutlej is called Malwa. Take a look at some facts about
Some Facts about Punjab
- Punjab word is created from two Farsi words Punj mean Five and Abb mean Water. Punj+Abb =Punjab.
- It is Birthplace of Sikhism.
- Chandigarh is the capital city of Punjab.
- Punjabi’s are very hard working which helps Punjab to become one of the healthiest states in India.
- There was a time when 7 rivers flew on the land of Punjab. That was time It was called Sapta Sindhu.
- Most visited place in world Golden Temple is situated in Amritsar.
- World’s oldest University, Takhsilla University was in Punjab. (Now in Pakistan)
- It is India’s breadbasket.
- Mandi Gobindgarh is known as a steel town. Because of its steel industries.
- On the basis of language in, 1966 Haryana and Himachal divided from Punjab.
- It is the state with 100% connectivity of roads. Its every village is connected with major cities around the villages by roads.
- It is the first state where President rule was Imposed
- Former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh belongs from Hoshiarpur.
- 50% of Indian Army consist of Punjabi Jawans
- It has 22 Districts.
|15||Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar (Mohali)|
|16||Sri Muktsar Sahib|
|21||Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar (Nawanshahr)|
|22||Tarn Taran Sahib|