What is the tallest statue in the world? In this post, we will introduce you to the tallest statue in the world. These statues are so big that you can from the top of it easily see the most of the area of the city where these status are made. Let start with Number 10 and the list go on descending order (10th to 1st).
Tallest statues in the world (10th-6th)
10. “Awaji Kannon” Statues is built-in Awaji Island, Hyōgo
9. “Rodina-Mat’ Zovyot!” (The Motherland Calls) is the tallest statue in Russia and Europe with
8. “Dai Kannon” of “Kita no Miyako” park is also from Japan. It is the statue of Kannon goddess of mercy. It was built in 1989 and was the tallest statue of the world until 1991. It is located at Ashibetsu, Hokkaidō. It is 88 meters (289 ft) tall.
7. “Great Buddha of Thailand” is ranked 7 in the list of tallest statue in the world. It is located in Ang Thong city. It is built in 2008. This 92 meters (302 ft) tall statue is built by cement and painted in gold
6. “Qianshou Qianyan Guanyin of Weishan” is the statue of Guanyin (goddess of mercy) from China. The home of this 99 meters (325 ft) statue is in Weishan, Changsha, Hunan province. This statue is built by Gilded bronze in 2009.
Tallest statues in the world (5th-1st)
5. “Sendai Daikannon” is 100 metres (330 ft) tall statue of Kannon (goddess of mercy) from Japan. and it was also the tallest statue in the world from 1991 (the year it is built ) to 1993. It is located in Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture.
4. “Ushiku Daibutsu” is also a 100 meters (330 ft) Buddha statue from the same country (Japan). But the total height of the statue is 120 meters (330 ft) because it is built on a 10 m (33 ft) lotus throne and 10 m (33 ft) pedestal/building. It is located in Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture and was built in 1993.
3. “Laykyun Setkyar” is Buddha statue and located in Khatakan Taung, near Monywa, Sagaing Division, Myanmar. The total height of the statue is 129.2 m (424 ft). It is also built on the 13.41 m (44 ft) lotus throne. It was built in 2008.
2. “Spring Temple Buddha” is the most famous statue in the world because of its height. It was the world’s tallest statue for 10 years. Total height on the statue is 153 m (502 ft) and it is located at Lushan, Henan, China. It is built on a 19.3 m (63 ft) lotus throne. Placed on a 25 m (82 ft) pedestal/building.
1.” Statue of Unity” is the tribute to the great Indian Leader “Vallabhbhai Patel”. The height of the statues is 182 meters (597 ft) and it is built on Stands on a 58 m (190 ft) base so the Total height becomes 240 m (787 ft) and it was built this year(2018). It is the tallest statue in the world right now and it is built in Sadhu bet, Near Sardar Sarovar Dam, Narmada district, Gujarat, India