Facts about UAE
United Arab Emirate known as the UAE is a middle east Asian country.
7 Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain) collectively form the UAE. Abu Dhabi is the capital and Dubai is the most famous city
Facts about UAE
- December 2nd is celebrated as the National Day in UAE.
- The literacy rate of UAE is 93%.
- UAE’s national symbol is falcon.
- Every year 12 million tourists visit UAE.
- World’s first zero-carbon, zero-waste and the car-free city is situated in the country. This city called Masdar and it is located in Abu Dhabi.
- It has the membership of organizations like the United Nations, World Trade Organization, The Arab League and the Gulf Cooperation Council.
- World’s top educational institutions and universities like the Sorbonne, New York University, John’s Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) built their regional center in UAE.
- There are 750 US Firms in the country.
- UAE also funded in disaster relief programs. UAE funded $100 million for Tsunami Relief, Pakistani Earthquake Relief, Hurricane Katrina Relief.
- There are some ATMs in UAE that dispense gold bar instead of cash or currency.
- There is no sewage system in Dubai.
- Gulf Rupee, issued by the Government of India and the Reserve Bank of India was used in UAE until 1966.
- UAE’s biggest trade partner is India.
- There is no any river in the country.
- World’s most inclined building, the Capital Gate is located at Abu Dhabi.
- Largest man-made islands, The Palm islands and The World island are located in UAE.
- Burj Khalifa, Wolrd’s largest building is also present in the UAE.
- In the Gulf region, the first airport was built in Sharjah.
- The largest indoor amusement park in the world, built by Ferrari also situated in UAE.
- The most luxurious and most beautiful hotels in the world is Burj-Al-Arab, located in Dubai.