Everyone knows about water. Because it is one of the main things which support life on earth. Without water, there is no existence of life on this beautiful earth. The earth is approx 4.6 billion years old but the water is not that old. The study shows that the water came on earth by asteroid-like objects 3.8 billion year ago. The amount of water present on earth today is equal the amount of water delivered by asteroid-like objects. There is approx 1,234 million trillion litres of water is presnt on earth. Let’s see some more water facts in this post.
- As the water is 3.8 billion years old. Some of the water molecules in your glass full of water are the part of the water, that was drunk by dinosaurs.
- Water occupied 71 per cent of the total surface of the earth. 96.5 per cent of the water is present in the oceans. the remaining water is present in lakes, rivers etc.
- Water is also present in you and me. 75% our brain is water and 75% of any living tree is also water and everything which consumes the water in any way contains some amount of water in it. Like the soil has also water in the form of groundwater and the environment or air has also water in the form of vapours.
- 71 per cent of the earth is covered by water but it does not mean that we can consume all of the water. In reality, only 2.5 per cent of the total water is consumable and only 1 per cent is easily accessible. Remaining is trapped in glaciers.
- Water is so important in the earth for supporting life because it helps in regulating the earth’s temperature. And also work same for human bodies, regulate temperature, remove wastes, protect organs and supply nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- The importance of water can be seen from the historical incidents when a state or country invaded others only for water. There have been 265 recorded incidents of conflicts only for water from BC 3000 to 2012.
- When the water is freezing and converted in ice the surface area of that ice is increased than the water and ice is lighter than water.
- To grow a single-day food for a family of four members is required 25,740 litres of water.
Facts about water
- 75 litres of water is used to create a pint of beer.
- contaminated water or dirty water kills 200 children every hour. 80 per cent of all illness is related to water.
- In most of the countries, more than half of the population is using dirty water (Not considered good for drinking or preparing food) for everyday household use.
- It is suggested that everyone should drink approx 5 litres of water per day.
- A cup of tea requires two times less water
thena cup of coffee.
- 83,279 litres of water is needed to fill an average pool and 264 litres to fill a bathtub. And a pool loses 3785 litres of water every month due to evaporation.
- Countries like Pakistan, Cambodia, Vietnam, Madagascar uses more than 90 per cent of its freshwater for agriculture and India, China and
the USAuses 80, 65, 40 per cent of freshwater respectively.