7 Surprising Facts About Ryan Garcia That Will Leave You Stunned
1. Ryan Garcia started boxing at the age of seven, and his father, Henry Garcia, was his first trainer.
2. He has an impressive amateur record of 215 wins and 15 losses, with 130 knockouts.
3. Ryan Garcia has a massive following on social media, with over 14 million followers on Instagram and 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
4. He is the first boxer to sign a deal with DAZN, a streaming service dedicated to combat sports.
5. Ryan Garcia is also an accomplished singer and has released several singles on Spotify and other music platforms.
6. Ryan Garcia has a signature move, which he calls the "Philly shell," a defensive technique that involves keeping the non-dominant hand low and the dominant hand guarding the face.
7. He has trained with some of the best boxing coaches in the world, including Eddy Reynoso, who also trains Canelo Alvarez.