7 Surprising Facts About Serena Williams You Didn't Know
1. Serena Williams holds the record for the most singles titles won in Grand Slam tournaments in the Open Era, with a total of 23 titles.
2. Serena Williams has won 4 Olympic gold medals, one in women's singles and three in women's doubles.
3. Williams has suffered from blood clots, which led to a pulmonary embolism in 2011 and a hematoma in 2017, which forced her to take a break from tennis.
4. Serena Williams was the first tennis player to win all four Grand Slam tournaments in singles and doubles in two separate occasions.
5. She has a total of 319 weeks spent at the No. 1 ranking in singles, which is the most for any player in WTA history.
6. She has won the US Open singles title 6 times, which is the most for any player in the Open Era.
7. Serena Williams is married to Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of Reddit, and they have a daughter together named Olympia.