Coachella: 7 Unknown Facts That Will Leave You Astonished
1. Coachella was founded in 1999 by Paul Tollett and Rick Van Santen as a two-day festival with only 25,000 attendees.
2. The first edition of Coachella was headlined by Beck, The Chemical Brothers, and Rage Against the Machine.
3. In 2003, the festival faced a financial crisis and lost $850,000, almost
to its cancellation.
4. Coachella has become a fashion mecca, with celebrities often making fashion statements and fashion brands hosting exclusive events during the festival.
5. Coachella has a recycling program, which includes composting, and in 2018, the festival diverted 105 tons of waste from landfills.
6. The festival has become known for its art installations, which have included a giant astronaut, a giant caterpillar, and a giant snail.
7. The VIP area at Coachella is called the Rose Garden, and it features an exclusive bar, food vendors, and air-conditioned restrooms.